The site can't provide a secure connection

Hello!

I just installed Cloudfare on my website: autenticonuevayork.com

I followed the steps, change the nameservers in the hosting and check that the hosting is providing us with a SSL Certificate. I chose “Strict Complete” at the DNS section.

I’ve read that it may take up to 24 hours to complete some tasks on the Cloudfare side, but is there any way to see my website in the mean time? I can’t have the website down for so many hours.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Post a full page screenshot of https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls/edge-certificates

2 Likes

Hi Sandro! Thanks a lot, there it goes!

1 Like

Have you already tried disabling Universal SSL, waiting for 30 minutes, and then re-enabling it?

Should that still not work you might have to wait for 24 hours. You could only disable proxying in the meantime (pausing Cloudflare on the Overview page bottom right).

2 Likes

Thanks Sandro. I’m going to try the first option and if not I will pause Cloudfare in the mean time.

During this pause, should I change the nameservers or do any other action to make my website work? After the 24 hours, I guess that I have to resume Cloudfare again and try if the website works. Is that right?

I will share any further result here for future reference of others.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Don’t change the nameservers, only pause Cloudflare, in this case it will resolve to your server instead of to the proxies, but try toggling the certificate first.

2 Likes

Thanks Sandro. Would it be enabling this option? Development Mode: Temporarily bypass our cache. See changes to your origin server in realtime.

1 Like

No, not development mode. You need to either pause or unproxy the records manually.

2 Likes

Oh here! Right? Thanks.

Captura de pantalla 2020-08-13 a las 13.01.29

Yes, but did you try toggling first?

2 Likes

I tried disabling Universal SSL and after 30 minutes enabling it again. The website is still down.

Before pausing Cloudfare, I can read at the bottom the following (I haven’t seen it before): “API Request Failed: GET /api/v4/zones/6f5389d4c0e3e095efe005ad17b5add8/settings (500)”

If you don’t see any solution, I will pause Cloudfare until tomorrow.

1 Like

Now, The screenshot is like that:

1 Like

I’d also open a support ticket at this point.

cloudflare.com/requests/new

1 Like

I opened a support ticket.

I just paused Cloudfare and I can access to the website.

On the other hand, is Cloudfare resolving my issues internally in the mean time? Now, I see the the certificate as deleted:

1 Like

After enabling it Cloudflare should re-issue it. That’s at least the theory, the dashboard does not necessarily show the live status I am afraid.

I’d keep it like this at this point (enabled) and wait for support to respond. If you post the ticket number @cloonan could maybe push it.

2 Likes

Sure @cloonan! The ticket number is the 1947813.

Right now, Cloudfare is paused so the website can work and the traffic can go through. Too much time without the website working can generate losses :frowning_face:

If the support team needs to enable Cloudfare again, not a problem, whatever it needs to make Cloudfare works with my website.

Thanks Sandro!

1 Like

@cloonan @Brian_M @adspedia

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, the team is working now to fix this, you can get up-to-date info here: https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/incidents/xp04x35dp9q6

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Let me know if I should do anything on my side :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries, nothing to do. The root cause has been resolved and backlog now is undergoing update so it should be back to normal very soon.

This thread will update once we update the status page, so you can follow that for updates, as the team post them.

2 Likes