The Rest API Encountered An Unexpected Result

The REST API is one way WordPress, and other applications, communicate with the server. One example is the block editor screen, which relies on this to display, and save, your posts and pages.

The REST API call gave the following unexpected result: (403) Please Wait… | Cloudflare body{margin:0;padding:0}

Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?

Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.

What can I do to prevent this in the future?

If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.

If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 686812e8ac820587 Your IP: 2607:f298:5:103b::7a3:acc Performance & security by Cloudflare

Most likely because the site owner has increased security settings. If you’re the site owner, please check the Firewall Event Activity Log to see which setting triggered the 403.

Thanks for your reply. These errors are there:
[28-Jan-2021 18:22:43 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function _deprecated_file()

And in Wp Health check
The scheduled event, vp_scan_next_batch, failed to run. Your site still works, but this may indicate that scheduling posts or automated updates may not work as intended.

Loopback requests are used to run scheduled events, and are also used by the built-in editors for themes and plugins to verify code stability.

The loopback request returned an unexpected http status code, 403, it was not possible to determine if this will prevent features from working as expected.

That doesn’t look like the Firewall Event Activity Log at dash.cloudflare.com. Give that a look, and it may show you the 403 event.

No activity there. i do not use any firewall rules.

This ruleset should only be enabled if Adobe Flash content is used for this domain. It contains additional rules that complement the technology-specific protections provided by similar rules in the OWASP ruleset.
Cloudflare Miscellaneous contains rules to deal with known malicious traffic or patch flaws in specific web applications.
This ruleset should only be enabled if PHP is used for this domain. It contains additional rules that complement the technology-specific protections provided by similar rules in the OWASP ruleset.
Cloudflare Specials contains a number of rules that have been created to deal with specific attack types.
This ruleset should only be enabled if the WordPress CMS is used for this domain. It contains additional rules that complement the technology-specific protections provided by similar rules in the OWASP ruleset.

These Rulesets are active,

I checked. No firewall rules. Only some rulesets are active.

If you got a CAPTCHA challenge, then it really, really, really should show up in the Firewall Events Activity Log, regardless of what setting triggered it.

Who’s hosting the site?

OK sir. I will send you a screenshot tomorrow. Good night

I just paused CF and all problem solved. So please provide a proper solution. Because I want to activate CF again. Same Setting in WP with my two other sites but this one using CF Pro.

No other rules. like IP etc.

I have reactivated CF and same problems occur.

All these problems are solved with the below mentioned settings:
Solution
Now Wordpress is showing Great Jobs! Again

Thanks For Your Help

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.