The nameservers for domain.net no longer point to Cloudflare

I received an email message - but I have servers added for the domain from cloudflare - but it is still inactive

What is the domain?

1 Like

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

The nameservers for domain.net are not currently pointed to Cloudflare.

Name Server: NS1.DOMAIN.NET
Name Server: NS2.DOMAIN.NET

If you are talking about another domain, please use either your real domain name, or one of the reserved placeholder names like example.net rather than someone else’s real domain.

Check your domain’s nameservers using whois. It is quite common for people to create NS records in the DNS zone of their existing provider instead of replacing their old nameservers.

If you aren’t comfortable sharing the domain, you can use this tool from @sjr:
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check

my domain dropland.net

The nameservers for no longer point to Cloudflare. They now point to:

ns15.domaincontrol.com
ns16.domaincontrol.com
[not set]
[not set]
[not set]

This change means that dropland is no longer using Cloudflare and will not receive the benefits of our security and performance services. Your DNS records will be completely removed from our system in 7 days.

If the nameserver change was in error, reactivate your domain by pointing your nameservers back to:

Once you have completed this change, click the “Check Nameservers” button in your Cloudflare dashboard to ensure your domain stays active on Cloudflare.

You are working in the wrong place. You are adding NS records in the zone at another DNS provider. You need to replace the existing nameservers with your assigned Cloudflare nameservers at your registrar. When using GoDaddy this can be confusing since they are both your registrar and have a DNS service available. You need to make the change in your domain registration details, not your DNS data.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.