The firewall events page shows no activity.. I am not sure why we can not see activity when the rules are still enabled

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

Have you searched for an answer?
Yes

Describe the issue you are having:
the firewall events page shows no activity… I am not sure why we can not see activity when the rules are still enabled.

What error message or number are you receiving?
None

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
Researched forums and documents.

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
Yes. even the overview page shows no activity of unique visors etc.

Please attach a screenshot of the error:

Hi there,

Can you confirm that your DNS and hostnames are still resolving to Cloudflare IP’s and proxying through Cloudflare? - Proxy status · Cloudflare DNS docs

If you do a DNS lookup using a tool like https://www.whatsmydns.net/ what IP addresses do the hostnames that you expect to be proxied?

If you are willing to share the output of this test (replacing the hostname example.com with your domain name) - Dig web interface - online dns lookup tool

This will help possibly get to the answer quicker.

If you have checked this and confident that DNS is using Cloudflare nameservers assigned to your account and resolving to our IPs - and still not seeing any analytics, firewall events then my thought goes to ownership - discussed here - Certificate and hostname priority · Cloudflare SSL/TLS docs

If you are pointing your DNS records to a customer of Cloudflare who uses our ‘Cloudflare for SaaS’ product then potentially they have ownership of the request and proxying through their zone, if you are using any big e-commerce, website builder CRM etc. and pointing your DNS records there, this is possibly what is happening.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.