The domain I bought on cloudflare does not point to the server IP

What is the name of the domain?

satyasustainability.org

What is the error number?

What is the error message?

CNAME Cross-User Banned

What is the issue you’re encountering

I have configured DNS to the hosting IP correctly. No other options have been changed except DNS. but DNS does not point to that IP. Error 1014 appears. I have several domains on Cloudflare, but this problem is different from the usual one. Until now I can’t use the domain, I can’t move it to another registrar (it takes 60 days). Is there someone who can help?

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

I have changed the IP on DNS, enabled proxy but can’t provide a solution. Including creating a custom one but it cannot be used

In what area can we help you?

Renewals

Screenshot of the error

That error means that you have created a CNAME record to a target domain that is also using Cloudflare, which doesn’t work without configuration in the target domain’s account.

If your host has a procedure for adding a custom domain, this would usually take care of the configuration in their Cloudflare account.

3 Likes

thank you for your reply.
But I don’t think so. I don’t have a CNAME, there is only an A record pointing to my hosting server. As proof, I have an A record without a proxy. When we PING to that domain, the reply comes from the server IP, but instead comes from Cloudflare.

1 Like

The ping results are different from the IP on the A record.

Might be the same problem as in this case here:

That user also has “stuck” DNS records and sees the same error message as you.

Can you create a support ticket and share the ticket number here?

2 Likes

Yes, I just created support ticket
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/requests/3336013

2 Likes

I’ve escalated that ticket to the support team.

1 Like

Good luck… I have the same issue, and even with NO DNS entries I still get the same error. And support has put the ticket on hold and they just went silent. For a month now.
In the meantime I cannot use the domain I payed Cloudflare for and no news on that also.

Since you have both bought the domain from Cloudflare:

There should be an option to enable/disable the Cloudflare Registrar parking page in the Domain Management section of your Cloudflare dashboard. Can you try to enable and disable that again?

1 Like

I hope there is still a solution. At least domains can be transferred after 60 days

Sorry, I don’t see that enable/disable option. In the Domain Management menu there is only this option

I have tried “Pause”.
And also tried “REMOVE website” from Cloudflare but it doesn’t work (there is a warning)

I think this problem occurs when a domain has been purchased, then expires. When the domain was bought back, the domain had error 1014, the same as Error 1014 - cname cross user banned - #2 by arun

1 Like

Maybe that option is only available after initially registering a domain. I’ve never registered a domain via Cloudflare myself, but I’ve seen other people on the forums that had to disable this. Worth a shot I guess…

Having multiple cases with the same circumstances might definitely help the Engineering team find the error.
Might be a good idea to update the ticket with the information that in both of these cases, the domains expired before they were renewed.

1 Like

I think this problem occurs when a domain has been purchased, then expires. When the domain was bought back, the domain had error 1014, the same as Error 1014 - cname cross user banned - #2 by arun

I have exactly the same circumstances.

I just don’t understand why support is not replying. I continuously provide data, but I get no response.

A few hours ago my domain problem was resolved and my domain is running normally.

Thank you all for your support

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.