Temporarily decreased the performance problem

Hello,

I got this mail from CF:

Dear Cloudflare User,

We have discovered that recent traffic from one or more of your web properties has caused a congestion event on our network or may be in violation of Section 2.8 of our Terms of Service (https://www.cloudflare.com/terms/). In an effort to preserve service to all Cloudflare customers, we have temporarily decreased the performance of any web property at issue for traffic management purposes. Some of your visitors may experience altered performance until this congestion event has subsided. The affected properties are:

If you have any questions, please visit https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/articles/360057976851-Delivering-Videos-with-Cloudflare or contact our customer support team ( https://dash.cloudflare.com/redirect?account=support ) and they will further investigate this matter for you.

1. I see many other websites like mine, but with higher traffic that work with Cloudflare without any problems.

2. Instead of limiting it to the point of being almost inaccessible, Cloudflare could simply sent me an email warning about my site’s excessive resource usage and I’d be happy to fix it. But they didn’t do that and made my site almost offline. I can’t stand this.

3. I submitted a ticket asking “how long will it take for performance to be restored, and will I receive a notification?” But it seems that no one answered me until now. I had to completely turn off Cloudflare because the connections were timeout and it was almost impossible to access the website.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you.

Have you been streaming video or handling large file downloads?

Yes I have files download on the subdomain. But I don’t use the cache everything feature. Also, I see many other sites that allow downloading files through Cloudflare without any problem.

If they don’t allow it, just warn me and I can disable Cloudflare for the sub domain, no problem at all.

Enterprise Customers are subject to different terms than those with a Self-Serve Subscription. Perhaps that could be the case here?

Yeah, I’d recommend you disable proxying on that subdomain. Does anyone know if this will resolve itself automatically? How long does “temporarily” refer to in this context?

Yes I have turned off the proxy for the entire website, but it seems the problem is still there. It’s been 3 days. They didn’t even reply to my ticket.

If you’ve turned off the proxy, then you should be in DNS-Only mode which runs free and clear of Cloudflare’s network.

Are you still experiencing service limits?

Well I had to turn off the proxy because it was almost unreachable.

I’m wanting to know when the automatic trigger will be cancel so I can proxy again.

That’s entirely up to Trust and Safety, based on how severe the violation was. They’re not a very communicative group, so you’ll just have to wait it out.

1 Like

Yes I have wait for days

You did break the TOS that you agreed upon registering on Cloudflare. Just because this point in specific happens to be abused frequently does not give you the right to do it. It wouldn’t surprise me if you had to wait weeks before your account is “back to normal”.

The enterprise package would be a perfect fit if you want a quick fix, talk to support, and discuss your use case. If the Enterprise package is out of your budget, I believe that workers do not have a specific TOS that forbids file transmission; you could check that out as well.

You may use Cloudflare Workers (whether in conjunction with Cloudflare Workers KV or not) to serve HTML content as well as non-HTML content (e.g., image files, audio files) other than video files

2 Likes

Please any staff help me with this?

You probably don’t want to draw too much attention to yourself after blatantly violating the Terms of Service.

As I said, this is in the hands of Trust and Safety. There’s nothing else any of us can do, including Support, where you filed those tickets (multiple tickets on the same thing is also not recommended).

I’m closing this thread, as this is most definitely not the way to get Trust and Safety’s attention.

2 Likes