Systeme.io setup and error

I can’t seem to connect cloudflare to systeme.io. This seems pretty common, but I can’t figure out a solution. I’ve gone to the testing sites and am learning new things to try, like this error: Connection Failure - The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. (http://mydomain…but I can’t figure out what I am doing. Can someone please help direct me to get this to go to my systeme.io funnel? Thanks!

1. What specific steps have you taken already?

2. What is the actual domain/subdomain you’re trying to connect to systeme.io?

I copied the CNAME, MX records and did the redirect rules. My subdomain is [millionairemommentors.systeme.io and I am trying to get it to just go to my domain https://millionairemommentors.com. I hope that is ok to post and here is a pic of the DNS records, again hope it’s ok to post…I can’t thank you enough,I’ve been fighting this for almost 2 days!!

Did you get my message? Can I delete it in Cloudflare and start all over? I really don’t know what to do and need to get it up and running! Thanks

Have you tried switching the two remaining poxied records from :orange::grey: DNS Only?

2 Likes

Ok, GREAT! When I run the DNS checker, I am getting the checkmarks…thank you. How long do I have to wait for the website to come out of “pending validation” and become validated and start working?

WOOHOO!!! I figured it out! I had to connect my DNSSEC to Namecheap! Thanks so much for you help!!!

2 Likes

So now my emails are not working and my domain won’t authenticate in systeme.io? Any other suggestions? I changed my MX records to cloudflare hoping it would be recognized, but it’s still just showing as pending…it’s so frustrating!!

If you mean Cloudflare Email Routing, that’s definitely the wrong answer. That is just an email forwarding service. You won’t want to use it when you already have a mailserver for your domain. You will want to disable that.

The most common configuration issue that affects email is using proxied hostnames in MX records. It is important that email related records are set to :grey: DNS Only.

You also have too many DMARC records.

https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?773fd87022264d7c98a9bbd5b7bf87e5#dns-mail

I strongly recommend against using a personal mailbox in the rua. It will be quickly overrun with DMARC reports. Consider using a DMARC reporting service. Cloudflare has one in beta that is available for free.

Thanks…I’ll reconfigure what I had for email since it was working. Is there a way to add one DMARC record to send to any email at my domain name? My dmarc records are [email protected] and [email protected]. I will delete the personal as well. Thanks…crossing my fingers.

Do I really need to wait 24-48 hours to be sure it is propagating? I did the dns checker and everything seems to be working there.

You can put both (mailto URIs, not email addresses) in the rua, but there is no guarantee that reporters will use both addresses.

I don’t know about the suitability of either address that you have selected. You really don’t want to use a personal mailbox and, if support feeds a helpdesk or ticketing system, it will quickly become problematic.

It is highly advisable to use the address assigned by a DMARC reporting service.