Since switching servers to Cloudflare my website does not load on any of my devices - Macbook Chrome, Macbook Safari, Android Chrome, Android Browser. Some of these devices are logged in to my website, others are not. I’ve also tried viewing the site in incognito mode - it hasn’t loaded at any time.
This has occurred about 4-5 hours after switching and now other people can’t access the site either (a few hours ago before they could). I’ve had to return to my servers to BlueHost so that my site works again, but I’d like to use Cloudflare in the future, so please could you let me know why this is happening and how I can avoid it?
The screenshot above is all I could see. It seemed fine on Cloudflare and BlueHost, but when I went to log into my Wordpress account, the site wouldn’t load at all. Times out and I get this error message.
I see the site loads over HTTP as well as HTTPS, so that’s awesome. Hopefully the .235 IP address that’s currently working is the one in your Cloudflare DNS settings page. BlueHost doesn’t typically block Cloudflare, but it’s always worth checking with their Support group to ask.
There is no option to change the DNS entries in BlueHost to the cloud symbol, there seems to be no Cloudflare options within BlueHost - which is weird as there seems to be loads of records of it being in Bluehost online.
All of the A & CNAME entries are proxied with a cloud symbol - except the ‘local’ one, which has a different IP address and says ‘DNS only - local IP’. Does this need to be changed?
Sorry, I can’t see any options to change this stuff within BlueHost and the materials online seem to say that you can, which is very confusing.
Ok, I’ve switched all those to DNS Only (grey cloud with an arrow over it).
Thanks for checking that. I’ve had someone in Japan and the UK check it, but it seems like it’s not loading here in Korea, as well as some other places. I’ve been using Google Analytics to track which places have had problems loading the page (100% bounce rate, 0.00 page time) and it seems to have happened in several places, including the USA (but some places there are ok, too).
It seems to be quite random so I’m struggling to see what would cause it to be down like this.
Also, it may be an issue with this -
DNSSEC is pending while we wait for the DS to be added to your registrar. This usually takes ten minutes, but can take up to an hour.
I started this about 2 hours ago, not sure how long it might take to complete, but it says an hour.
UPDATE - Thanks for your help, sdayman. Can’t add any new comments so I hope you see this edit. The site suddenly started working after 12 hours of being down and hopefully it’ll stay that way now.
If SSL says Cloudflare, then it’s working through Cloudflare.
Going way back to the original problem…what you posted looks like a generic DNS error, instead of a Cloudflare error.
If you’ve already set it back to , give it some time to settle in. 48 hours is the longest it should take. Then set it to . Cloudflare has a default TTL of 5 minutes, so after that initial 48 hours, you should be able to back and forth between and pretty quickly if necessary.