I am experiencing an issue with an unauthorized cookie banner appearing on my website when I switch my nameservers from HostGator to Cloudflare’s. I have done some troubleshooting, and here’s what I’ve found so far:
- When I switch to Cloudflare’s nameservers, an unauthorized cookie banner appears on my website. When I switch back to HostGator’s nameservers, the banner disappears.
- I have used Chrome and Edge browsers to verify that the issue is not related to my browser cache or cookies.
- I have also reviewed the Weebly code myself, and there is no finding of any cookie banner code present. HostGator has confirmed that they are not adding any cookie banner code to my website.
- There are no other 3rd party plug-ins or codes on my site outside the typical Google Analytics coding and a Square Appointments Widget.
- I have tried using Cloudflare’s cookie banner app to customize the banner, but it caused another cookie banner to appear UNDER the unauthorized banner.
- I have cleared my browser data (cache and cookies) to isolate the issue to the DNS switch.
Based on my research, it seems that Cloudflare’s cookie banner is triggered by certain settings in the Cloudflare dashboard. I have checked all the settings that might affect the banner, but could not find any solution.
I am also unsure if there are any specific regulations or laws that require me to comply with certain cookie policies, but I am looking to build proper compliance for my site as I ramp up traffic and conduct more business.
I am hoping that the community can provide some guidance on how to resolve this issue. Here are some specific questions that might help with troubleshooting:
- Are there any known issues with Cloudflare’s cookie banner and DNS settings?
- Are there any other settings in the Cloudflare dashboard that might affect the appearance of the cookie banner?
- Are there any specific regulations or laws that require me to comply with certain cookie policies that might be triggering the unauthorized cookie banner?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!