Switched from Clickfunnels to Shopify but Cloudflare SSL causing issues

Hello I switched my domain from using Clickfunnels.com to using Shopify. The domain browncastlegames.com is working fine, but the www.browncastlegames.com is not loading, but instead redirecting to clickfunnels

Apparently Clickfunnels uses Cloudflare for getting their SSL certificates and now that SSL certificate is taking priority over Shopify for the “www” version. Shopify says I have to remove any configuration/SSL certificate with Cloudflare. The problem I’m facing is that I don’t have a Cloudflare account.

My cname and A record are correct.

If anyone can direct me towards the best course of action, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Steve

This comes up far more often than it should. Shopify needs to rectify this. You can certainly ask Clickfunnels to remove your domain from their Cloudflare settings, but I wouldn’t count on any of your former hosts to honor your requests.

Push harder at Shopify. You’re paying them for a service. They need to make it work.

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes I feel like it’s roulette when you make the call to Shopify if you’re going to get a support agent that can actually do the work.

1 Like

I’m facing this exact issue. Was this resolved? If yes, can you please let me know how you made it happen?!

Hey Caroline, it was actually Clickfunnels that came through. Open a ticket with them and they will send the required information to Cloudflare to get the SSL certificate removed. I wasn’t able to get someone from Cloudflare to respond or Shopify to handle it.

I’m on it! Thank you so much.

Hi Steven,

Clickfunnels tech support has forwarded my ticket to their engineering team but they say they ‘don’t have an ETA’ on when this will be fixed. How long did they take to fix the domain issue for you?

It took 7 days. That’s the same message they sent to me so it sounds like you’re on the right track!

Oh wow, 7 days? Well, at least I’m glad I now know how long it’ll take! Thank you for all the help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.