Subject: Inquiry Regarding Traffic Configuration on Cloudflare

Dear community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inquire about an issue I have been experiencing with the traffic configuration on my Cloudflare account.

I have noticed that the majority of traffic to my website seems to be originating from the United States, despite my target audience being primarily French-speaking. This discrepancy has raised concerns for me, as I would like to ensure that my website is effectively reaching its intended audience.

I have reviewed the settings on my Cloudflare account but have been unable to identify any specific configurations that may be causing this issue. I have also explored options for geo-targeting and other settings related to traffic management, but I have not been able to find a solution.

Could you please assist me in identifying any potential misconfigurations or issues that may be causing this discrepancy in traffic distribution? Additionally, I would appreciate any recommendations or guidance you can provide to help me optimize my Cloudflare settings to better target my desired audience.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and assistance in resolving this issue.

Best regards

Hi @vendugeek,

I believe you are referring to the traffic for the [redacted].fr zone.
It is a free zone and detailed analytics is not enabled much for it either.

Checking the traffic breakdown however, most of the traffic seems to go through UK rather than the US.

It is possible that the users connecting to your .fr site have a better network path through Cloudflare’s UK connection than local connections.

As far as optimising where your connection are being routed through, it is done automatically.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.