Subdomain Redirecting Issue

Hello

I am attempting to setup my configuration so that (for example) site.xyz and sub.site.xyz point to two separate IP addresses. I have added sub.site.xyz as a non-proxied A record, and confirmed that on the dashboard it lists the correct IP address. However, when I attempt to access sub.site.xyz I am redirected to site.xyz

Any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Might be cPanel is doing some redirection, or the origin host/web server has some malformed virtual host file? :thinking:

And the sub.site.xyz is existing as a “sub-domain” and has got it’s own virtualhost at your origin host/web hosting/server?

Was that sub-domain used for some kind of mobile redirection setup early?

Have you checked the HTTP headers? Which kind of HTTP redirection are we talking about? 301 or 302, or some other?

Nevertheless, you I guess are not using Cloudflare Workers nor have some Page Rules active?

May I ask, does this happen too in some other Web browser, Private Window (Incognito mode) or on a mobile phone, or different network provider (mobile cellular) or like via VPN?

1 Like

Thanks for your comprehensive response!
I was working through the troubleshooting steps you suggested when it suddenly started working. I am not entirely clear what caused this as I did not change anything, although I suspect the system may have just needed the few hours I waited to apply the changes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.