Subdomain point to an external subdomain

Hi I setup a subdomain shop dot researchpluses dot com and I pointed it to an external subdomain
my dot vdofabric dot co dot nz, but I got following errror? Can you advise what I can do to solve this

Error 1016

Ray ID: 73989b8feef5aac4 • 2022-08-12 10:43:01 UTC

Origin DNS error

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain ).

Why have you pointed it to external subdomain?

I’m trying to implement this:

if user access shop dot researchpluses dot com they will see the content of the website : my dot vdofabric dot co dot nz, is that possible?

Not sure, but not possible

Yes, but not while you are pointing to the non-existent name my.vdo.nz.co. It also requires that the my.vdofabric.co.nz server is configured to serve your site when it receives requests with a hostname header of shop.researchpluses.com. The former is something you will need to fix in your Cloudflare DNS. The latter is something you need to confirm with your host.

Thanks very much. :+1:

1 Like

Hi epic, Thanks your answer above.

I made it kind of working. But I still have some issues, I have connected via linkedin, please accept and we can talk there.

Thanks very much.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.