Subdomain not resolving

Hello,

I have added my site to CloudFlare as I usually do, changing the domain registrar DNS settings which results in “Great news! Cloudflare is now protecting your site” on the overview page.

I have done this a couple of times now, successfully. I need to point the subdomain

cdn.gloversofnorthdevon.co.uk

to an Amazon S3 bucket with the same name:

cdn.gloversofnorthdevon.co.uk.s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

however, unlike other sites I have successfully imported and setup the url never resolves, even with an ‘access denied’ message from Amazon S3, like the other sites I have created

It’s resolving:

@sdayman thats further than I was getting before. I do receive this when I try to browse to it though:

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 00.11.46

I feel like I am missing something very silly. CF is usually instant in making these changes.

The subdomain is resolving from my side.

Perhaps your recursive DNS server is a bit slow to receive the changes.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

Would that mean from the domain registrar or the final location (where the subdomain points to)?

I’m not sure I understand your question, but

means those public DNS servers like Google 8.8.8.8 and Cloudflare 1.1.1.1

I have fixed the issue.

Using my phone I was resolved correctly to AWS, which remained as before on my local machine. Flushing/emptying caches on my local machine did not seem to help. Therefore I manually changed my routers DNS to CloudFlare (1.1.1.1) with Google second (8.8.8.8) and the issue appears to have been fixed.

To clarify, this must be an issue with my ISPs DNS resolution, perhaps they just need a bit longer! However it is a bit weird after having done this a couple of times this is the first time this issue has appeared.

1 Like

Oh, your ISP’s DNS server is the culprit.

Good to know that you are switching DNS servers to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.

It is very interesting as this has not been an issue for me in the past. First time for everything!

Our ISP is a local wISP as the options for us our very limited for regular ISPs in terms of speed. We currently receive 7-8x speed improvements with our wISP compared to any package offered by a regular ISP.

Very happy with our service considering this is the first issue we have had in like five years…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.