Subdomain not resolving to blogger.com

I’ve been trying to get a subdomain (blogDOTgromeDOTdev) to resolve to msftcloudDOTblogspotDOTcom with no luck…

wwwDOTgromeDOTdev resolves no problem to an azure webapp and I can get labDOTgromeDOTdev (non-secure http) to resolve to a temporary webserer I set up at home but no luck regardung blogDOTgromeDOTdev and blogger.com.

On cloudflare; CNAME blog points to ghs.google.com

As well as another cname (vy2dz77guwhq) that points at gv-zmhv44tynfmryrDOTdvDOTgooglehostedDOTcom (per the instructions found when attempting to publish the custom domain via blogger.com - which results in no errors)

On the blogger.com side of things… I’ve configured the custom domain to be blogDOTgromeDOTdev

HTTPS availability to ON and HTTPS redirect is disabled

Is it due to sometjing with https or am I just being a huge dope and overlooking something suuuuper obvious?

I’ve no clue what I’m doing wrong and would really, really appreciate any help :slight_smile:

Make sure that one is :grey: DNS Only.

That sounds right.

This person sounds like they went on the same journey:

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I forgot to mention that I already made sure of that :slight_smile: In fact, I haven’t had much luck in using cloudflare proxies in general

Interesting resource (journey) you posted… so either its a fault on bloggers side or Im just being impatient and should wait 24-48 hours?

Assuming I have cocked up the configuration some place?

Let’s hope not.

blog.grome.dev isn’t proxied, and it’s working nicely, it seems. Are you saying that if you :orange: Proxy the “blog” entry that it doesn’t work?

1 Like

Oh yay! I think I was just being impatient :sweat_smile:

I basically just repeated my steps from yesterday where I ended up reverting the changes after a couple of hours.

And now today it works after applying the same changes and waiting 1.5 hours!

IT is weird sometimes :upside_down_face:

Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.