Subdomain goes to gitbook but not set

The only DNS record I have set for wiki is an A record pointing to an IP I know is for my webhosting. However, when its proxied through Cloudflare :orange: it redirects me to a gitbook link that I might have set ages ago but I haven’t used it in months. I checked all my page rules and nothing is set to redirect to gitbooks. When deleting my wiki A record, it deletes from CF and doesn’t load, so I know its updating correctly. I tested without proxying and it gave me an SSL error (not configured yet), but points to the right IP.
Not sure what to do now.

This will be due to Gitbook not correctly removing your domain from their Cloudflare configuration, as they use Cloudflare for SaaS. If you still have access to the control panel there, check to see that your domain is removed. If it is, please contact Gitbook and ask them to remove any Cloudflare configurations for your domain, specifically SSL for SaaS / Custom Hostnames.

Thanks for your response.
I removed the domain from gitbooks before, but the subdomain it used wasn’t even the wiki one.
Forgive me if I’m being naive, but I’m unsure how my subdomain would still point to gitbooks if no records are set to it.

Ah, its probably due to them using CF as SaaS like you said.
Thats annoying. I dont have wiki set anywhere in gitbooks, though.

That would be odd and I think it must have been set somewhere. Cloudflare for SaaS unfortunately overrides the record you have in place until it is removed.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.