Subdomain forwarding to subdomain

Hi all,

I’m experiencing an issue with subdomain forwarding. I have a subdomain example.test.com that want to redirect to other subdomain us.test.com. Both subdomains are registered on Cloudflare, I have set a CNAME record for example to point out to us.test.com, but when I insert the link in a web browser I get this error:

The SSL/TLS encryption mode is set on Full.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

This is expected behavior as you are not able to CNAME between two hostnames that exist in two different accounts by default.

If you would like to do this you would need to look at configuring Cloudflare for SaaS on the us.test.com target zone.

There is a guide here that talks about this feature - Cloudflare for SaaS · Cloudflare for Platforms docs

Hope this helps,

Hi Damian,

Thank you for your reply. Just wanted to ask you Is there any other way to get this done, since we don’t have control on the subdomain us.test.com? Anything we can do on our subdomain example.test.com?

Thank you in advance.

You should also fix this as this is an outdated legacy mode which does not provider proper encryption. Make sure to select Full Strict.

Unfortunately not, as this would be a security risk and allow anyone to point to another domain and serve that customer’s content without the owner (in this case us.test.com) having any control.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.