Subdomain DNS not working

Hi everyone. I have accessibleyogatraining.com pointed to Kajabi using cloudflare.

I want to create a subdomain directory.accessibleyogatraining.com that points to a wordpress install on our host at hostgator, where we will run a directory of our students.

We have tried to point the subdomain a few ways and I cannot get the DNS to resolve.

If I add the A/CNAME records at cloudflare to point to our host’s IP, they end up pointing to a 404 page.

When I add the DNS records to my domain registrar, the DNS just never resolves at all.

Has anyone successfully done this? I am on week 2 of tech support calls back and forth with hostgator and domain registrar. I feel like I am missing a step somewhere and the help files here are confusing. Thank you!

This is the correct way to add the DNS record. But for starters, make sure it’s DNS Only :grey: so it’s a direction connection while you get the site configured with HTTPS.

Thank you I tried that and now it is resolving the IP for the A record. But I am still getting a 404 error. Any other ideas?

It looks like it’s working, but it does not support HTTPS. You need to get that working before you can add it to Cloudflare.

I think I finally figured it out and it seems to be working. Is there anything else I need to do on the cloudflare site? I am seeing this “warning” message next to the A record in cloudflare > DNS:

This record exposes the IP behind accessibleyogatraining.com which you have proxied through Cloudflare. To fix this, change its proxy status.

Is that warning with the “A” record for ‘directory’? That would be kind of strange if the Kajabi site is using the same IP address as the ‘directory’ site.

Regardless, get HTTPS working on the ‘directory’ site and then you can toggle the :orange: back on to proxy that record. Then that warning will go away.

Thank you! Fixed now! Thank you for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.