Subdomain and CNAME records

How can I add a CNAME record to a subdomain?

1 Like

You need to click the +Add Record and select CNAME from the dropdown menu. You will need to know which subdomain you want, plus the target you want it to point to. The host of that subdomain site should know the value that goes in the Target field.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. But if I do this way, I received this message “This record is managed externally. To request changes, please contact your provider.” The provider is Aruba.

1 Like

Have you tried this?

1 Like

Yes of course…

1 Like

And?

It sounds like your DNS page here doesn’t show DNS records because they’re managed at your provider. Is this the case?

Or do you have DNS records here, but when you try to add that CNAME with that specific target it gives you that warning?

1 Like

1 Like

That points to Teachable, and Teachable uses Cloudflare. You can’t :orange: Proxy it like you did with your other CNAME records.

So for your ‘blog’ site at Aruba, you can change Cloudflare settings, such as Page Rules, Caching, etc. But for ‘corsi’, you can’t do any Cloudflare settings, as Teachable uses their own Cloudflare settings.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.