Sub domain doesnt work when its green

wordpress

Hi, i have a sub-domain with my cpanel SSL but when i enable cloudflare on it its doesnt works, i mean content doents show when enable cloudflare on sub-domain.

NOTE: SSL Strict for main domain (main domain is working fine with ssl)
when enable orange button on sub-domain it doesnt work. when enable Orange button on sub-domain it show error insecure page cant loading…blah blah

I have try buy adding page rule to the sub-domain and OFF the SSL only for subdomain still no luck

i am looking for this help for long time still no luck

please help somebody

The domain works? What is the domain, and what is the subdomain?

In Cloudflare’s Crypto page, what is the SSL Setting (Off, Flexible, Full, Full (Strict)), and what is the Certificate Status?

SSL Strict for main domain (main domain is working fine with ssl)
when enable orange button on sub-domain it doesnt work. when enable Orange button on sub-domain it show error insecure page cant loading…blah blah

I have try buy adding page rule to the sub-domain and OFF the SSL only for subdomain still no luck :frowning:

No need to re-edit your first message, as that makes it difficult to follow the thread. The response you added to the bottom is helpful.

If the subdomain is :grey:, does SSL work?

Yes when subdomain is grey SSL works, because that SSL is from generated by me with cpanel free free SSL

You still haven’t answered what the domain and subdomain are. From what you’re describing, it should work.

its not working thats why looking for help…

main domain is tunerpage.com subdomain is tp.media.tunerpage.com we use this sub-domain only to serve/store the images

right now orange button is OFF for sub-domain so its working fine.

Ah! It’s a “sub-subdomain.” Cloudflare’s certificate for you only covers tuner page.com and *.tunerpage.com

So this would cover media.tunerpage.com, but not a subdomain of that. You would need a Dedicated SSL Certificate With Custom Hostnames. It’s the only way to go one level deeper.

its just a sub-domain anyways my point is i dont need cloudflare SSL for this usb-domain i have SSL

Cloudflare is an SSL termination endpoint, if there isn’t a certificate for the host name we can’t terminate the SSL connection and it will fail. You need a valid cert on Cloudflare for the host name if you want it to be proxied through Cloudflare over https.

we already have dedicated SSL for that sub-domain, i dont need SSL from cloudflare just need to cache the files and others things cloudflare provide. what to do now? i dont understand your reply sorry

When Cloudflare acts as a proxy it is an SSL termination endpoint. We terminate the connection so we can inspect the traffic / determine if it should be forwarded, served from cache, etc. If you look at the SSL certificate for traffic which is proxying through Cloudflare for your domain, you will see it is presenting Cloudflare’s SSL certificate, not the certificate from your origin.

The cloudflare universal SSL certificate covers *.example.com and example.com. To cover a 2nd level domain *.foo.example.com requires either uploading your own certificate (available on the business plan) or purchasing a SAN certificate with the host names you need covered.

i see, so its not possible to disable SSL from subdomain only use SSL for main domain?

Not while still using Cloudflare as a proxy.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.