Stuck domain transfer

Greetings,

I started a transfer of a .io domain a couple weeks ago and am having trouble getting it transferred. The CloudFlare dashboard has a status of Approve transfer at Unknown, and has sent us messages saying that the domain isn’t unlocked. I have contacted the current registrar and they have confirmed that the domain is [now] unlocked. The transfer is still not going through. I have tried to cancel the transfer in the dashboard, though that option doesn’t do anything. Where can I get help with this from the CloudFlare side? Note: I will not provide the domain name on public channels since it is unlocked.

Thank you.

If the domain was locked at the time of the transfer, Cloudflare might have got stuck. You best open a support ticket. They should be able to look into this and either fix whatever got stuck or restart the transfer.

-> support.cloudflare.com/requests/new

Thank you for the response. I have tried the support ticket route. I don’t have an option to open a support ticket, perhaps because this is an unpaid domain?

Ah found out how to get there (support ticket). Thank you.

Can you post the ticket number here? Someone will most likely keep an eye on it.

Can you post the ticket number here? Someone will most likely keep an eye on it.

1 Like

@cscharff, your ticket handling skills are in demand

Greetings,

I received a notification that the domain move was successful and verified it. Thank you for your help. This is complete.

Glad it worked out.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.