Struggling to register with zerotrust team in warp app

Trying to join a zerotrust team in the warp app on Windows 10.
I start warp, go through preferences, sign in to zerotrust, use my team name, the browser opens, I authenticate successfully, the browser reads success, warp pops up… but after a moment I get a “Registration failed, please try again later” dialog with absolutely no info on how to diagnose the issue. I’ve also tried via the cli, same situation. The warp sys tray window shows the registration missing error.

Other members of my team with the same setup aren’t having the same issues. I took debug logs, but nothing in here explains why the registration might be failing. Any ideas?

I tried the in-app feedback form, nothing from that.
Someone’s gotta have some suggestions -

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled warp from different MSIs about the internet,
I’ve explicitly allowed all warp binaries through windows defender firewall
I’m not running any other vpn or firewall software
I’ve used the in-app reset settings button a few times
I’ve tried automatic dns and explicitly setting my os dns server to 1.1.1.1

I’m unable to elicit any behaviour beyond that described in op

Hin @e3a92372-2d2a-481b-8

Do you have any other VPN’s installed, then you need to uninstall it, as WARP will not be able to work, if you have other VPN providers installed.

No other vpns running, as mentioned
I have wireguard installed, it is not running or active while I am trying to use warp
My coworkers also have wireguard installed, and have not had issues with warp

Any other suggestions or avenues of investigation here?
I’ve tried the current beta MSI, but same behaviour.

Might be worth noting that I can’t even use the public, non-zerotrust side of the program - the first thing that appears after an install is the ‘registration missing, please log into zerotrust’ error. Is there some broken state somewhere I can clear up?

Checking through daemon.log, the only things that stand out are:
2024-04-02T13:11:34.705Z DEBUG warp::warp_api: Sending API request POST zero-trust-client.cloudflareclient.com./v0/reg
then
2024-04-02T13:12:04.027Z ERROR main_loop: warp::warp_service::api_handlers: API error for NewRegistration request id: 48a1a567-bc44-4b85-88ab-f9bbaab96694, ReqwestError(reqwest::Error { kind: Request, url: Url { scheme: “https”, cannot_be_a_base: false, username: “”, password: None, host: Some(Domain(“zero-trust-client.cloudflareclient.com.”)), port: None, path: “/v0/reg”, query: None, fragment: None }, source: hyper::Error(Connect, ConnectError(“tcp connect error”, Os { code: 10061, kind: ConnectionRefused, message: “No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.” })) })

Not sure what’s going on with the suffix period in that hostname, bit weird.
I’ve used a debugging proxy to pull out the registration jwt token, that looks fine, it’s valid and the time period covers my system time. I haven’t been able to capture the zero-trust-client.cloudflareclient.com in the proxy though, which is also weird.

I can fetch the client config in a browser just fine, so it feels like the app is being blocked somehow

But I’ve made explicit firewall rules, tried turning off windows firewall, reset my system proxy settings and winhttp proxy settings, my antivirus has nothing to do with it… at a loss.

I have a similar issue. Is it all users? I can login in with my super administrator but not any of my users.

Watching for a solution as well.