Stream MP4 download malformed response

I’m in the middle of downloading a few thousand MP4s from CF streams I have uploaded in the past.

Process

• Enable MP4 through post
  • Check the MP4 response through GET in a short loop

After working for a few hundred, it started failing with streams stuck in “inprogress”. These are short 5-20 second videos and are normally done processing in a few seconds max. Now, all new requests are stuck inprogress for at least minutes. I’ll keep checking to see if they every unstick at all.

How can I unstick them?

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 17:55:12 GMT
Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: close
CF-Ray: 7a7625811ba83ba7-TGU
Vary: Accept-Encoding
CF-Cache-Status: DYNAMIC
x-envoy-upstream-service-time: 9
Server: cloudflare

{
  "result": {
    "default": {
      "status": "inprogress",
      "url": "https://customer-<box ID>.cloudflarestream.com/<stream ID>/downloads/default.mp4",
      "percentComplete": 0
    }
  },
  "success": true,
  "errors": [],
  "messages": []
}

Sorry the title is from when I thought that the MP4 link was valid. The response is well formed. The actual issue is that processing for the videos never occurs.

It doesn’t look like I can update it…

Interestingly, I’m also getting results where it says the MP4 is “success” and 100% but when I go to request the file, I get a 404.

Some of the stuck streams appeared to unstick after about an hour. As long as the rest unstick, I guess it’s fine.

We’re doing this to get off of Streams as we’ve found it to be entirely unreliable. Only makes sense that it would fight us on the way out too.