Strange spike in worker usage

I experienced a sudden spike in worker usage while the analytics to my server does not show any increase in traffic at all. I’m wondering if this is a potential attack, and how are they able to hit my worker without it being tracked by the analytics which I assume is any hit to the DNS server.

I have 2 workers, each usually get <1k requests a day, but I suddenly got over 100k requests over a period of 10 minutes on 1 worker, which is very unusual. Since I’m on the free plan, workers stop working after 100k requests, but the attack happened so fast that my dashboard is showing 120k requests made to the worker in < 10 minutes.

There are no logs with the workers and it seems no request is made to the DNS servers as analytics does not show a spike in requests. I have also checked my server logs and do not see any increase in requests. How is this possible, and what can I do to mitigate this if I move to the paid plan? As there is very little information provided to me, I’m not even sure how the attacker is able to directly invoke my worker without sending a request to my site.

I’m worried that this is a very cheap way for an attacker to directly attack the Cloudflare worker incurring high costs for me, while not incurring any cost for themselves.

Thank you for any help in advance.