Hello there, have a quick question about the SSL certificate generated by cloudflare. If the SSL is set to Full, the website works and the SSL certificate is valid. However, if Full (Strict) is set the SSL certificate is valid for subdomains but not the root domain - meaning blog.example.com is valid but example.com returns a Invalid SSL Certificate 526 Error.
The setup was working fine a week ago and I deleted the website and added the website again and facing this issue. Why would the SSL be valid (in Full Strict) for subdomains but not the root domain?
Currently, using gitlab as the hosting platform. The DNS configuration is straightforward.
- A record - points to gitlab’s pages IP address (22.214.171.124)
- CNAME (www) - namespace gitlab url
- CNAME (blog) - namespace gitlab url
- TXT (www) - _gitlab-pages-verification-code…
- TXT (blog) - _gitlab-pages-verification-code…