Strange domain in my account

Apologies. I’m obviously not particularly savvy about these things.

I’m being prompted by cloudflare emails to redirect the DNS settings on a domain to my cloudlare account. I do not control this domain and know nothing about it but when I log in to cloudflare and check the activity log I see that someone has logged in as me and set up a number of records for the domain in my account (ie. a record, mx record, etc.)

Why would someone do this? And what should I do about it? Thanks.

Hi @billing, please change your password and api key immediately if you think someone logged in as you. Can you share the domain that was added?

Yes, it was ranger.com

1 Like

Thank you, I see that domain in your account and have made some notes about the activity. Can you loop in support and share your ticket number here? They made be able to suss out more details on the activity than I am able to see.

If you click that domain on your cloudfare dashboard, on the domain overview page lower right corner you can select Remove Site from Cloudflare. Please share your ticket number here and I’ll follow it with Support.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help.

Thanks much for your help. The ticket number is 1797954. I did change the password on the account. Is this something a hacker would do?

1 Like

Got it, thank you. I’ve added myself to the ticket and will keep an eye on progress. It does not feel at all like normal malicious behavior, and there may be a very innocuous reason for the domain showing up.

At the moment, all I can see is the activity appears to be from your account & IP and if you did not perform the actions, we need to investigate.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.