Strange DNS redirect..?

Whenever I turn on the orange cloud option in any of my DNS records, that “www” goes to a website starting with the name “tally”. Weird.

For example, if you go to my website with the subdomain podcast, and the website name being hirecmo, it goes to that tally site. You can google my website name, it’ll come up. Just add “io” at the end of hirecmo.

Question 1 - Can you explain why this redirect happens?

That tally site isn’t relevant to me anymore. The CNAME “podcast” should be redirected to my transistor fm podcast page…

My website is hosted on Webflow, and I’ve already added that podcast subdomain to my Webflow dashboard → which added 2 records to my DNS. But now, the transistor redirect isn’t possible because of the issue I mentioned above (when I enable the cloudflare DNS it gets redirected to tally’s website).

I’m new to this, so step-by-step instructions would be helpful.

1 Like

It looks like a rule was added to point your site to that site, go here on dash.cloudflare.com to remove it

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 9.09.29 PM

I did not look at your dns records, but if you disable or better yet, delete X that rule, the redirect will stop
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 9.11.27 PM

If you did not set that rule, please change your password and API Key/Tokens, generally secure your account to prevent this from happening again.

What a silly thing for me not to notice. Yes I killed that rule. Now these are my current CNAME records.

I guess I’ll just have to sit back and wait for the records to propagate. I’ll check back in 48 hours if my problem isn’t solved. And btw, @cloonan, turning on the orange cloud for all my CNAME records here won’t result in any issues right? Shouldn’t. Because that’s literally the point of Cloudflare ha.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.