Strain on Website Resources

Hi I started experiencing this issue recently when I try to access the widgets area of my website-https://snipboard.io/vtjQOG.jpg

My host provided some info and did some adjustments but they also told me this:

“the error that you have shared is from Cloudflare’s end and it seems like you are managing your domain via Cloudflare’s end, and they mask your server IP via their proxy IPs, so these errors usually being generated due to server load on the origin server”

They told me to do this and I did it:
“you need to optimize your wp-admin ajax requests that are straining your server getting the CPU load high, You can optimize your crons as well to optimize CPU load by disabling the wp-cron with the external cron job instead”

I’m still having the issue. Is there something that I’m missing here? Can you assist me or point me in the right? I look forward to hearing from you.

Greetings,

I can confirm I saw something similar, but unsure.

May I ask does this issue resolve if you temporary install the Classic Widgets plugin and temporary switch to using this plugin?

Try out here and reply back:

In terms if something is being blocked or challenged, you can check this by navigating to the Cloudflare dashboard → Firewall → Overview tab and check for the events.

I would suggest you to add the server IP to the Firewall → Tools → IP Access Rules just in case.

Furthermore, before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

Can you check if the SSL certificate is still valid at your origin host/server for your domain name?

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

Quick tip: Tune-up your PHP values a bit at your server/hosting provider/cPanel if you can:

memory_limit = 256M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 1000
max_input_vars = 5000 or 7000
post_max_size = 64M
upload_max_filesize = 32M

Regarding Cloudflare 524 error, may I suggest you to try looking into below articles to troubleshoot the issue:

Hi thanks so much for your reply.

1. Installed the Classic Widget plugin and I was able to make edits to the area again- without the error occurring.
  2. No events in the firewall area.
  3. I added the server IP to the Firewall IP Access rules.
  4. The website was working over HTTPS connection before moving to Cloudflare.
  5. The SSL Certificate is still valid.
  6. The SSL Option is currently set to Full.
  7. I tuned up the PHP values to those suggested.

I looked at the article will try to implement the advise here.

1 Like

Kindly, thank you for feedback and all the answers! :wink:

That’s interesting and cool to know :thinking:
I asked and wonder what has gone aside in the WP core dev to have such issues with it due to my concerns …

I see the website is working for me

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.