Stop using Cloudflare servers in countries like Russia

I was shocked when I found out that Cloudflare is using servers in Russia. Dear Cloudflare, are you kidding me?! My European users complained about that a number of times. I don’t want to talk how unsafe it is to store data in Russia taking into account the political situation in that country.

Is there a way to instruct Cloudflare not to use servers located in Russia for my users from Europe for the following websites?

2 Likes

What countries should Cloudflare be allowed in?

Routing can sometimes make traffic take funny paths. But if your users in London are seeing their traffic consistently heading to Moscow I would consider that very unusual, and you should collect some traces, and contact Cloudflare and/or your ISP.

1 Like

It’s easier to say what countries Cloudflare can’t have infrastructure in. In Europe it’s Russia and Belarus, at least while the countries are ruled by dictators.

Since you’re asking I can assume one of the 2 options.
you’re either from Russia or you have no idea what Russia/Belarus can do with your servers if the servers are physically there.

I think some people do :wink:

@sandro those two examples are the US government. Obviously any illegal spying they do is perfectly OK. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear and all that…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.