Sticky Argo Tunnel

Hi,
I am having an issue deleting a tunnel. Using cloudflared tunnel list does not list the tunnel, but when I check the Traffic/Argo Tunnel page on cloudflare website, the tunnel is listed. It was also listed in the DNS records, but I deleted it manually. This didn’t help.

I created the tunnel using the following command:

cloudflared tunnel --hostname vault.mydomain.com --url http://192.168.1.191:7277

Now whenever I try to run the same command, I get the following error:

There is already an active tunnel for vault.mydomain.com. To distribute requests between multiple origins, use Cloudflare Load Balancer. Existing tunnels not using the Load Balancer will need to be registered again

I can’t delete the tunnel because the system doesn’t recognize it is there, and I can’t run it because the system thinks the tunnel is already running!

Is there a way to clear this sticky tunnel and start over?
I have tried this method in the past, and it worked, but never needed to delete a tunnel.

This is the legacy way to run and establish a tunnel connection with Cloudflare. So executing this command cloudflared tunnel list will not show the legacy tunnels. It will only show the tunnels created using cloudflared tunnel create my_tunnel.

And regarding the active tunnel issue, did you run the first command in the background but you forgot to stop it?

1 Like

That could be it, bu how do I check what is running in the background? or how do interrupt background running commands? Service restart/PC restart?

Are you using Windows or Linux?

For Windows, you can find the running cloudflared process pretty easily using Task Manager.

For Linux, try run ps aux | grep cloudflared to find out whether there’s cloudflared process running in the background.

Perfect. Killed the background processes and it worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.