Status active but site not working

My Cloudflare status became active yesterday, but my website is not working. Any ideas guys? Caraman.co.uk

Mark

Hi @MarkUK,

You don’t seem to have any DNS records for your site so there’s nothing to say where your site is hosted. If you go to your web host, they should have a DNS panel where you can copy the records over to Cloudflare. It’s normally an A record for @ and www that you need pointing to the IP address of your server.

Thank you for your help. I have added the A record. How long will it take to take effect?

Mark

No problem, I see it added now, but I now see a redirect error. There is some generic information below, but the most common cause is if your SSL/TLS mode in Cloudflare is set to Flexible when it should be Full (strict).

The errors “The page isn’t redirecting properly” or “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS” indicates a redirect loop between Cloudflare and your origin server. The easiest fix for this is to remove the redirect on your origin server. For a more detailed set of options, review the troubleshooting suggestions in this Community Tip. Let us know if you continue to see issues after trying the Quick Fix Ideas in the Tip, we’re happy to help further.

Thanks again, however still not working. I have changed to strict. I am not sure about how to go about changing the settings on my server

More issues! I don’t get a redirect error any more, but your root domain redirects to www which doesn’t appear to have a DNS record. Like you added the first one, can you add another pointing to the same IP address but with a name of www?

Don’t that… still problems?

It works OK for me now, redirects to www with :tls: working fine.

Success! Thanks loads for your help. Top guy!

1 Like

No problem, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.