SSL? Where do I get it?

So my website isn’t functioning right now. It keeps on popping up with this “Your Connection isn’t private” message.

I contacted google domains and the person I spoke with told me that" There’s no additional walk through needed through your Google Domains account since the name servers are properly set up. You must contact your web host to get the SSL and issue it for your website."

However, I can;t really contact anyone here, I’m not an ‘exclusive’ member.

So I don’t really know what to do.

Lil’ help?

What is your domain?

Would that help you to mitigate my problem? how?

You probably need to talk to Fine Art America support to figure out why they are not generating a certificate with your domain name.

How did you know I was with FneArtAmerica?

The certificate that was presented on my first visit to your site was a wildcard certificate for their domain. The certificate that was presented on the next page load used another of their domains, but still not your domain, so the NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID error persists.

Thank you for clarifying.

So my website isn’t functioning right now. It keeps on popping up with this “Your Connection isn’t private” message.

I contacted google domains and the person I spoke with told me that" There’s no additional walk through needed through your Google Domains account since the name servers are properly set up. You must contact your web host to get the SSL and issue it for your website."

However, I can;t really contact anyone here, I’m not an ‘exclusive’ member.

So I don’t really know what to do.

Lil’ help?

You either have to contact the host or access the virtual machine that runs your website using ssh. If you do that, you can use certbot, but all of this requires the use of the command line, and you’d have to look up tutorials. The host would usually handle it for you because the certs need to be renewed and that should all be done by the host.

I will contact the host then. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.