Ssl reverse proxy

Dear all,
I’m absolutely new to cloudflare, so please have patience with me if I ask stupid questions and explain things like a stupid (slowly and step by step)

:-p

As in the subject I would like to create a ssl reverse proxy for a “white label” service that a supplier makes available to me.

Essentially I would like that “internet” think that service is mine (of course, the supplier agrees).

So I decided to create a new domain name that I would like to manage using cloudflare, buy a ssl certificate that I would like to install on cloudflare and I would like to redirect all incoming traffic on “cloudflare SSL proxy” to the public url that the provider makes available to me.

Also I would like that the traffic between cloudflare and the public url that the provider makes available to me was encrypted and that the supplier uses my certificate to authenticate my traffic from cloudflare (of course I understand that this last step also involves the supplier )

So, could you please explain to me step by step what configurations should I do on cloudflare to achieve the described result?

Thanks so much

Sorry if i’m having trouble understanding the desired result - you want to use Cloudflare as a proxy to other websites?

Thank you very much for the answer, I went on to document and I think that Full SSL (Strict) is the way for me.

If I understood in this way I can buy a certificate from a CA and put it on cloudflare.

Then using: "Origin Certificates Generate a free TLS certificate signed by Cloudflare to install on your origin server" I can create a new certificate that I can give to my provider that have to install to his server on which he also has to configure the hostname according to certificate itself and the cname that I use to point his server.

Am I right ?

En miércoles, 22 de agosto de 2018 21:21:55 CEST, Judge [email protected] escribió:

Judge

August 22

Sorry if i’m having trouble understanding the desired result - you want to use Cloudflare as a proxy to other websites?

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.