Ssl question / help

Hello i added ssl to my site and its active but when i go to my site it wont load http or https gives me error page if i do it do i have to wait for something to kick in mods or admins or ?

What’s the exact error message?

Best would be to provide us the domain in question.

This site can’t provide a secure connection

uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

HIDE DETAILS

Unsupported protocol

The client and server don’t support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. i just added ssl from here 2-3 hours ago so not sure if iti takes time to kick or i added it in wrong maybe?

Cloudflare is not active for this domain and currently showing your GoDaddy IP.
Activcate it by clicking on the :grey: icon to set it to :orange: for both. domain.com & www.domain.com

Alright i have done that now do i just have to wait for it will it auto kick in?

Also now that i turned it on my site gives me a error have i done something wrong os is that normal, Error 525 Ray ID: 45bb52796d061f9a • 2018-09-17 11:44:39 UTC

SSL handshake failed

You

Browser

Working

Dallas

Cloudflare

Working

swaprunescape.com

Host

Error

What happened?

Cloudflare is unable to establish an SSL connection to the origin server.

What can I do?

If you’re a visitor of this website:

Please try again in a few minutes.

If you’re the owner of this website:

It appears that the SSL configuration used is not compatible with Cloudflare. This could happen for a several reasons, including no shared cipher suites. Additional troubleshooting information here.

Alright.

There are several reasons why this could happen.

• theres no certificate installed on the server
  • your webserver is not configured to listen on port 443
  • SNI is not supported by the server

You can fix this temorarily by changing your SSL settings from Full to ‘Flexible’. This does not resolve
the main issue but your website will show up with a secured connection between cloudflare and your visitors. (not between CF and your server!)

Will it be fine to leave in flexible or will this cause issues? thanks for help / fast replys

No Issues. It’s a security thing. If you don’t care and just want to show HTTPS it’s ok.
But if you have a community with login credentials and so on you should consider to use Full (strict)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.