SSL Propagation After Transfer?

I moved a domain from one Cloudflare account to another.

I created a new origin certificate and I see the new edge certificate is active.

On my phone and personal computer, I get my website up no problem. And looking at the certificate, I see it recognizes the new edge certificate.

On my work computer, I get " NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID" and it won’t let me connect to my website. I see that it’s only seeing the origin certificate and not the edge certificate.

What do you all think? Is this normal propagation and it will sort itself out or do I have some configuration issue? I ran my site through here and everything came back A-OK: SSL Checker

If my work network can’t see the edge certificate yet, how long would that cache typically take to clear, or is there nothing I can do to help speed it along?

Can you please double check if the web related DNS Entries are ALL proxied (:orange:) as the problem with NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID mostly happens where domains are not proxied, but in DNS Only (:grey:) mode.

This can be the case, when you already have resolved the domain from these devices and the result is now stored in their local DNS Cache. Therefore, it will work for them, but not for devices which has to resolve the domain and then getting shown the origin server IP which offers Cloudflare’s origin SSL Certificate which is not valid for public use.

If possible, can you share the domain which this problem is related to?

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. The web entries are orange cloud and proxied.

Either you wait for your local DNS cache to expire or you switch to another DNS resolver like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8.

1 Like

That’s what I figured, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.