SSL on WWW. and non www

Hi there, I believe I have everything set up correctly, but clearly I don’t so I am coming here for some support.
When I go to www.sprucetreemedia.ca everything is fine and dandy. When I go to sprucetreemedia.ca I get an insecure error and can’t proceed to the site. I have the certificate setup to be for sprucetreemedia.ca and *.sprucetreemedia.ca so I am not sure what the issue is. Would love some insight into this.

You need to fix up your DNS here:
Make sure your www entry looks just like the main entry for sprucetreemedia.ca. My fingers are crossed that this works, as your setup looks to be a CNAME workaround.
Then make sure that www entry is set to :orange:

If the ‘www’ version is what you want everybody to use, this final step should make everything perfect:
Go to Cloudflare’s Page Rules and create a rule: Match sprucetreemedia.ca* and Add Setting for Forwarding URL (301) to htps://www.sprucetreemedia.ca/$1

This will forward all the non-www requests to your secure www site.

I set up cloudflare through my hosting provider, so it automatically set it all up for me.

Contact their support people. They should be able to get you going.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.