SSL not working on my subdomain

Hi there i tried follow the tutorial for ( SSL/TLS not working on subdomain ) but still not working

Main domain is working fine www.marketinginstitute.com but courses.marketinginstitute.com
And the ssl is set to be full ssl ,but subdomain will not work on the full ssl
it will work only on flexible and if i turned the flexible on the main domain will not work

so one will work and other will not ,is there a way to set different ssl for the subdomains?

Thanks

Possibly related to:

May I ask what SSL option you have got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

There seems to be an issue with the SSL certificate at your origin host / server.
Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?
If so, did you have a valid SSL certificate installed at your origin host / server which covers both your naked (root) domain and any other needed sub-domain like www, mail, etc.?

Could you please re-check if all including the naked domain, www, mail, and your sub-domain (possibly some more) are covered by your SSL certificate and the one installed at your origin host is still valid?

Here is a way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:

Nevertheless, for proper security and HTTPS connection between the user-Cloudflare-origin the SSL option in the Cloudflare dashboard should be set to Full (Strict) SSL:

Well, it could be achieved by using Page Rules:

But using Flexible SSL is really not recommended and not secure as far as there are known issues with it:

In case you do not have an SSL certificate, you can use Cloudflare SSL, if so, kindly make sure you follow the instructions as follows on the below article to setup an SSL certificate using Cloudflare Origin CA Certificate:

Maybe you need to renew your SSL certificate at the origin host / server, if using Let’s Encrypt or AutoSSL (cPanel), etc.

Hi there my current SSL is set to be FULL

Here is the page rule that was given to me from the learning platform where i should be using flexible and point to

not it works fine but only on flexible,what page rule i should do so it work on full SSL

Should be set to Full (strict). Kindly, re-read my first post.

I would remove this Page Rule.

I linked the tutorial for “Setting SSL/TLS Mode using Page Rules.” in my first post too in case if needed.

Generally, I would correct my SSL settings and make sure it’s set to Full (Strict) for both my naked domain, my www and my sub-domains and make sure to have the SSL certificate installed at my origin host / server which covers all the needed.

Therefore, no need to use a custom Page Rule for a different SSL mode (unsecure!?) for my sub-domain, which makes my sub-domain even less secure.

Otherwise, you have issues.

Kindly, consider below cite:

1 Like

Hi there Fritex

Some steps worked

I did convert it to strict and primary domain www.marketinginstitute.com worked fine and i added page rule for ssl for subdomain as flexible yet this time it seem opening but a blank page only appear

attaching also video recording
Vidyard Recording?

Okay, from now on we could have issues we might not be able to resolve then as it seems so from below as you make it so:

What does the Developer Console (F12) in your Web browser say, if any error?

Or, rather that’s comming from the origin host / server itself, like some PHP, etc.
Or even it’s the Website builder which you are using?
Who knows.

You might also need to contact the hosting/service provider to resolve it. Maybe there is some SSL options in their interface to re-check too.

What happens when you temporary Pause Cloudflare for your site? Does it work then over HTTPS or not?

should we more page rule to fix the issue or no need

Yep, right.
526 error for the resources.

Possible mixed content and redireciton loops.

There is also WebSockets wss:// usage, and you have Flexible, which “seems” to be on HTTPS (WSS) while actually “working” over HTTP (WS) - mixed.

May also ask is the WebSockets option enabled at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain under the Network tab → WebSockets option ?

Does your app work over an supported and compatible port with the Cloudflare proxied (:orange: cloud)?

Ports list compatible and supported when using :orange: cloud (proxy mode) on Cloudflare can be found here:

That’s really not good.

Hi there it is on

should i turn it off?

Still not working when turned off

Hi i turned off the websocet same issue,the app is not mine it is for gurucan.com i am using their platform (DNS

wondering what can we tweak to have it workv :slightly_frowning_face:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.