SSL Issues

Hey Guys - my client’s website is hosted on HostMonster, but my SEO person ran it through CloudFlare.

Tonight the client told me his website is down. www.idealspine.com … we see an SSL error.

I called HostMonster and they insist that the SSL on their server is active and working, but that it’s a problem with CloudFlare. Since I can’t tell heads from tails, I figured to ask you guys for help.

Thanks

HostMonster is… incorrect. If you run the command below (with the actual IP address of the origin server) the output includes info on the certificate.

curl -Ikv https://origin.server.ip.address

Server certificate:

• subject: CN=idealspine.com
  • start date: Jan 12 00:00:00 2018 GMT
  • expire date: Apr 12 23:59:59 2018 GMT
  • issuer: C=US; ST=TX; L=Houston; O=cPanel, Inc.; CN=cPanel, Inc. Certification Authority
  • SSL certificate verify result: certificate has expired (10), continuing anyway.

Short term, if you change the crypto setting from Full (Strict) to Full, the site will load. Longer term of you want to go back to Full (Strict) the host will need to upodate the certificate or you can have them install a Cloudflare origin certificate (also on the crypto page) and if you use the default15 year validity… the issue is unlikely to reoccur anytime soon. :wink:

Thanks for the response. As soon as I copied and pasted your response to them, they backtracked and admitted it was their issue. They said their auto renew system has a hiccup. :roll_eyes:

Well, we have hiccups occasionally as well, so I can synthesize :musical_keyboard: … er sympathize. :smiley:

I have SSL error with my website, i have my cloduflare on pause, because if i activate it people start getting SSL error. Right now i have activated Full Strict but it has been on “Status Authorizing Certificate” for 3 days already and still no green light.

I have comodo SSL that i bought, what should i do. i need to use cloudflare.

Open up a Support Ticket. They’ll re-start the SSL certificate process.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.