SSL Issues: Certificate has expired

When I visit our URL in the browser (thevendry.com) everything looks fine as far as our certificates but when I access it from Postman I get an SSL error:

SSL Error: Certificate has expired

And in one other case when the site is being programmatically accessed I see this error:

SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed.

Any ideas on whats happening here? Thanks!

1 Like

The DST Root CA X3 root cert expired a few hours ago. Is your OS and Postman up to date?

2 Likes

Thanks Michael, very helpful!! I can update my OS and Postman but mostly worried about Mandrill (a email provider) and its webooks failing which is probably out of my control…

I’ll update if I find anything new or interesting!

Cloudflare have reissued certs for your domain using the Digicert chain. I haven’t looked further, but I wonder if they have replaced all the LE certs?

1 Like

I pinged their support and got this:

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues at your end. We are aware of intermittent issues in our edge presenting expire certificates. This issue is only affecting a small percentage of our customers using Let’s Encrypt.

We’ve changed the issuing CA to DigiCert, as this will resolve this issue.

So not sure if they are doing it more broadly or in reaction to my ticket.

I have the same problem

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.