SSL Hostname Mismatch Error After Certificate Renewal Process

Hello Cloudflare Community,

We have to point the DNS record to origin. Here is our website imageandimagine.org.tw

I’m reaching out to seek your expertise and advice on an urgent issue we’ve encountered with our SSL certificate renewal process. Our company has been using Cloudflare’s CDN, pointing our domain through a CNAME record. Typically, we manage our SSL certificates smoothly, following Cloudflare’s prompts for DNS verification to renew our certificates.

In Feb, Cloudflare sent us an email instructing us to add a TXT record to our DNS for verification purposes, a step necessary for the renewal of our certificate. Unfortunately, the colleague responsible for this task was on annual leave, and the reminder slipped through the cracks. As a result, our certificate was removed from the edge server on March 16th, leading to an SSL hostname mismatch error that took our website offline.

Realizing the oversight, we immediately updated the DNS with the required TXT record and proceeded with the verification process. Cloudflare’s certvalidate responded with a confirmation that our certificate would be validated by the Certificate Authority. Despite this, our website is still experiencing the SSL hostname mismatch error, and we’re at a loss for how to resolve it.

Here are the steps we’ve taken so far:

  1. Added the requested TXT record to our DNS for Cloudflare’s verification.
  2. Completed the verification process and received a confirmation message
  3. Checked our Cloudflare dashboard for any potential issues or additional steps required.

Despite these efforts, the SSL hostname mismatch error persists, preventing our website from functioning properly. We’re seeking advice or insights from the community on the following:

  • How long typically does it take for the SSL certificate to be reissued and the error to be resolved after completing the verification process?
  • Are there any additional steps or checks we might have missed in this process?
  • Has anyone else experienced a similar delay or issue, and if so, how was it resolved?

Thanks for shared experiences!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.