SSL heart internet

hi I still can’t get my site to say secure
I installed really simple ssl plugin- which says :

Certificate name mismatch
[Click here to ignore the mismatch and proceed with the tests]
Try these other domain names (extracted from the certificates):

What does this mean?

We were able to retrieve a certificate for this site, but the domain names listed in it do not match the domain name you requested us to inspect. It’s possible that:

• The web site does not use SSL, but shares an IP address with some other site that does.
  • The web site no longer exists, yet the domain name still points to the old IP address, where some other site is now hosted.
  • The web site uses a content delivery network (CDN) that does not support SSL.
  • The domain name is an alias for a web site whose main name is different, but the alias was not included in the certificate by mistake.

SSL

any ideas guys ?

Cert name mismatch doesn’t sound good. What’s the domain?

ultrapureclean.com is what my domain is

says the certificate is for secure-secure.co.uk
some how

While that domain is currently using Cloudflare’s name servers, it is not proxied (:orange:) by Cloudflare.

If you set DNS for that hostname to :orange:, and make sure your SSL/TLS setting is Full (not strict), that should get it working.

2 Likes

it eventually was cloud flare settings needed to be orange clouded within cf settings. Just a few clicks on the image as suggested by a cloudflare support ticket bot

Thank you for your help though it may well have been this too ! :slight_smile: :lock:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.