## SSL handshake failed & Host Error

Error 525

Ray ID: 6a765f00af0e6299 • 2021-11-01 16:06:34 UTC

SSL handshake failed

I have two other domains set up the exact same way as this new one that is experiencing problems. I am hooking the domain up via CloudFlare to Searchie and Searchie recommends FULL for the SSL. No problems with my two other sites. This one is failing.

Regular “Full” isn’t enough to secure your site, as Full will accept a bogus certificate. I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

1 Like

ERROR message. red at bottom of page:
An A, AAAA, or CNAME record with that host already exists. (Code: 81053)

I was advised that I need a CNAME record with my domain and host yet I am not able to add because this error keeps popping up.

This may be why the SSL handshake is not working

For exactly the reason stated. It’s probably an “A” record with the exact same name you’re trying to enter.

I understand what you are saying now! I deleted the “A” and set up the “CNAME” and it’s working! :smiley: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.