SSL handshake failed Error code 525 with my site hosted on WIX

Hi All,

SSL handshake failed Error code 525 with my site hosted and created on wix. I have another website hosted and created on WIX which works seamlessly and I had no issues setting up. I use WIX pointing to direct the A and CNAME records for both websites. The one I setup a month ago worked and still works with no problems.

The one I have been trying to setup for the past few days keeps giving me a 525 error. I have tried multiple different routes on Cloudflare. Adjusting the strictness, turning proxies off, etc. I have delinked and relinked the domain in WIX multiple times, I have even tried the alternative domains I have registered. Still the same issue. I have cross referenced all the settings I have on the site that works and it all is exactly the same.

I have a feeling it is an issue on WIX but I seem to be hitting dead ends with their support. Does anyone know how I resolve this on their portal or is there something I can do on Cloudflare to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Temporarily pause Cloudflare: Pause Cloudflare · Cloudflare Fundamentals docs

This will send traffic directly to your origin web server (Wix), bypassing Cloudflare’s reverse proxy. This way you can know if the problem exists in your Cloudflare config or at Wix… and troubleshoot from there.

My guess is that you have Cloudflare SSL/TLS set to Full (Strict), but you may not have a valid SSL cert installed/configured at Wix as required. Pausing Cloudflare should let you see any SSL-related issues at Wix when you visit the domain.

1 Like

Hey George,

AWESOME!!! Thank you, this worked. I had to give it time to update. Got it to work by pausing, left it for a few minutes then enabled Cloudflare again and it seems to be working.

Thank you for the suggestion and help, really appreciated! :ok_hand: :raised_hands:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.