SSL Handshake Failed / Error 525

Hello, I am trying to connect to some websites(4channel.org, en-forum.guildwars2.com, and more) from Turkey. I am seeing “SSL handshake failed Cloudflare is unable to establish an SSL connection to the origin server. - Error reference number: 525 Cloudflare Location: Istanbul” this error message. I’ve tried to connect these websites with different devices, different dns adresses (1.1.1.1, ISP’s own dns etc.). Also, I’ve heard that other people living in Turkey have the same issue for random websites. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thank you in advance!

This is normally a misconfiguration by the site provider. It is unrelated from DNS.

It could suggest something going on like an interception between the Cloudflare PoPs and the origin servers (an ISP blocking the connection would return an invalid certificate and therefore HTTP 525) , though I’ve not heard of that happening.

I’d recommend getting in touch if you can with the hosts of said sites and asking them to look into it.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.