SSL handshake fail-nginx webserver

When attempting to access my nginx webserver I get a cloudflare ssl handshake error I have tried different cloudflare certificates but I still get this error, I also am very new to using ssl so any help would be appreciated.

I’d pause Cloudflare (Overview screen, bottom right) and make sure your site loads fine on HTTPS. Once it does you can unpause Cloudflare.

I get This site can’t provide a secure connection

That appears to be the reason why you earlier got the error message on Cloudflare. You don’t have a proper SSL setup.

As I said.

You’ll probably need to talk to your host too.

so how would I make my nginx conf file look for this too work? and what files should the private key and cert file be .pem?

I am afraid general server administration is better covered at StackExchange or Reddit.

Bottom line, your site needs to work fine on HTTPS. Only then you can add it to Cloudflare.

ok I will go ask for help on reddit or stackexchange thanks

Pleasure. As for certificates, check out letsencrypt.org and https://developers.cloudflare.com/ssl/origin-configuration/origin-ca, though the latter only works in a proxied context.

Take a look at this article, might help you
How To Host a Website Using Cloudflare and Nginx | DigitalOcean.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.