Ssl for saas with workers

I’m wanting to use workers along with ssl for saas but I keep hitting a 522 from the custom hostname no matter what configuration I try.

So I’m using a worker that responds to all traffic on my domain (*.example.com/*) and that works great (using AAAA with 100:: as described here). Next, following the documentation here) I add a fallback origin for custom hostnames (fallback.example.com). Then I add a new cname (test.example.com) that I intend to have another domain cname to (This seems to be required in order for the workers to pick up on it… can’t just glob it.). I add a custom hostname, validate that domain, and cname (test.otherexample.com) to test.example.com,

The problem is that this results in a 522. I’ve also tried using an AAAA with 100:: as the value for the test.example.com. Going directly to test.example.com works fine but it always results in a 522 for test.otherexample.com.

I noticed in the documentation it mentioned using */* as a possible route value for workers… however, the UI will not let me use that as a valid value. It says it must have the zone name in there (example.com). Is this what I’m bumping up against? Should I be able to use just*/* or just * as the route for a worker? Would having multiple domains in my account create that limit or maybe something else does?

Seems maybe this is a known issue based on this other thread.

2 Likes