SSL expired on "www" subdomain

One of our domains protected through Cloudflare is showing an expired certificate warning but only for the “www” subdomain. I have two DNS A records, both pointing to the same IP address: one is “www” and the other is “staging”. If I go to “staging.mydomain.com”, all is good and it works as expected, but not when I go to “www.mydomain.com”.

We have Flexible SSL enabled for the domain without end to end encryption, so no SSL is enabled in the origin servers.

Are “www” hostnames treated differently when it comes to SSL protection?

I see it expired today. It should renew before it expires, so I suggest you open a Support ticket, login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support.

Should not be the case, but it is impossible to say anything concrete without the domain.

As for the rest, @sdayman covered it already.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue on one of my domains as well, the www subdomain was coming back as expired today. I opened a support ticket and they just sent me an auto reply instead of looking into the issue unfortunately.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.