Note that this is about
www.ccjazzmen.com. I also own
www.jnramasamy.com which is set up in exactly the same way, but the latter site works just fine, while the former is broken. I can’t seem to find any differences, help!
- In both cases, I have moved the domain registrar to Cloudflare, and Cloudflare’s DNS uses a CNAME to point
ghs.googlehosted.com.as per Google Sites’ instructions.
- In both cases, the CNAME is proxied using Cloudflare’s proxies, and uses Full (strict) SSL between Cloudflare and origin servers.
- I have redirect rules in place to rewrite apex domains to a
wwwsubdomain in both cases, as per these instructions on the Cloudflare docs under “redirecting the apex domain to a subdomain” (the redirect works fine, as expected).
What is the domain name?
Have you searched for an answer? Yes
Describe the issue you are having:
Cloudflare cannot establish connection to the origin server
What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
- Ensure full (strict) SSL between origin and Cloudflare
- Removed DNS CNAME (which pointed to
- Tried switching off proxying for DNS CNAME
- Removed and re-established external domain on Google Sites
- Purged all caches using Cloudflare’s dashboard
Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
Yes. These domains were on
ionos.com with DNS managed there as well prior to moving to Cloudflare. Everything worked fine there.
What are the steps to reproduce the error:
- Browse to the naked domain or the www subdomain
Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
The error message:
Error as detected on Google Sites:
Google Sites help doc relating to the error: