SSL Error with www.subdomain.domain.com

Hi! I have some problems with the SSL. I’m trying to connect to my website via: www.xx.xx.com and I receive this error:

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

If I go without the “www” it works fine. I know that this SSL doesn’t support x.x.domain.com, but there’s something that I can do on Cloudflare?

Edit: I saw now, some pages will auto-redirect with www and it’s frustrating because I can’t acces the subdomain.

You may need to use Advanced Certificate Manager (ACM) to resolve your issue as follows:

More about it here:

2 Likes

I bought ACM. One more question. Is there any way to introduce “*” for xx.subdomain.domain.com? or I have to introduce them manually?

You can wildcard the first part of a hostname in a certificate, so *.subdomain.domain.com would work.

But for DNS, only an Enterprise Plan can :orange: Proxy a wildcard DNS entry.

2 Likes

@sdayman Kindly, may I use this opportunity and could I please ask you to add #2335904 to helperbot (I Cced @cloonan while writing a ticket to CF support via my e-mail), cannot login as @fritex to the CF Community after yesterday account modification :roll_eyes: :innocent: :grimacing: Thank you in advance!

3 Likes

Thank you! My expression was wrong. I wanted to say if I can write something like this * . *.domain.com
I mean, without www.subdomain. for each subdomain

Sorry, but you can’t double-wildcard DNS or Certificates.

2 Likes

Ok, thank you! Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.