SSL - Delays Authorizing Certificate

I’m in the same situation. I have “Initializing Certificate” for the last 5 days. Multiple messages with support, with no changes. Support said there was an issue on their side, and they remove the SSL request from their side and then said SSL cert will be issued “shortly”. A day later, no changes at all. Cloudflare let me know about CAA DNS records need to be set (the system does not set these), I set those, but still… nothing. Support has stopped responding back to me. Ticket #1515538

@Sdayman I think our site is working with https://ambconline.com and www.ambconline.com. How can i check whether Cloudflare is active or not?

In your browser, click the :lock: next to your URL and check the certificate. You’ll see it’s from Comodo and and assigned to Cloudflaressl.com.

So the www version is definitely on Cloudflare, and that’s what your domain redirects to if you leave off the www. But the non-www version still points to your origin server. It should have a :orange: in Cloudflare’s DNS page to protect your server.

Out of curiosity, why is your www entry a CNAME instead of the IP address you’re using for the non-www entry? The IP address should work.

Please helpme, I have a same problem, I have waitting up to 10 days, I sended a ticket (#1517047) Can you helpme? Thanks so much. Sorry for my english

Yes. We have added the www entry CNAME as www.domain.com.cdn.Cloudflare.net. Please let me know, whether I want to add Cloudflare IP address instead of www.domain.com.cdn.Cloudflare.net for www entry. How can I connect the non-www entry to Cloudflare? Kindly guide me.

Hello, i build my website using WordPress and I have a domain and hosting plan from Hostgator.My site is active on Cloudflare almost 4 days now but status is Status Authorizing Certificate. I get this2 errors NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID and
err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch when I visit the site.I don’t have access to my site for finishing the building the site on WordPress
can somebody help me to use the SSL certificate to secure my site please
thanks in advance

ticket Request #1518290

Hello Ryan,

I am having this issue too. Ticket# 1520500

Thank you!

Drew

Don’t forget to mention how long it’s been stuck, and how long ago you opened the support ticket. Support should respond within 24 hours or so, so give them a chance before asking the Mods to step in.

Hello, i build my website using WordPress and I have a domain and hosting plan from Hostgator. My site is active on Cloudflare almost 1 days now but status is Status Authorizing Certificate. I get this2 errors NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID and
err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch when I visit the site.I don’t have access to my site for finishing the building the site on WordPress
can somebody help me to use the SSL certificate to secure my site please
thanks in advance

Request #1520566

OK, thank you Ryan and my apologies. Support resolved my issue this morning. Thanks again!

2 Likes

It’s been 24+ hours since and SSL status is still “Authorizing Certificate”.
Whenever I access my site, browser will output this error: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

My ticket: Request #1521660
Thank you for your help.

Hey @ryan! Sorry for bothering you again but I’m having the same problem that I had before with a different domain this time (neoworkshop.org)… Long time ago I added a the domain to my Cloudflare account and the SSL certificate hasn’t been issued yet (Authorizing Certificate). Thank you in advance for your help!

Looks like support got back to you this morning and are re-ordering. Hopefully resolved soon (if not already).

1 Like

I don’t see a support ticket for this one. Can you file one with details and I can take a look?

Ryan, good afternoon, I see that you are helping several clients, I have been certified stopped for 1 day in my client’s account, and he is charging me, I opened a support ticket for SSL request more so far I did not get answers , the site is http://qualityti.com/ and the ticket is: Request # 1523130, if you can give a help to release this I will be very grateful, thank you very much!

More than 24 hours,
I don’t understand why it’s taking so long ? is that usual with Cloudflare ? I’m hosting +20 websites for clients and was thinking about migrating them to Cloudflare but now that’s not a positive first experience…

my ticket is : 1522791

Your :cert: has been cancelled and re-ordered. Hopefully that does the trick.

1 Like

Ok thanks Ryan , :crossed_fingers:

Hello RYAN, the steps you took to issue the certificate at http: // qualityti .com where I requested service by Request # 1523130 was not released and we are already on the second day, I could do something else to release for me until tomorrow, doing a great favor? Thank you very much for the answer and the previous answer, I’m waiting, if you can help me !.

Hi guys. i am experience early signs of your delay.
still authorising after 48 hours and no response from support after 24 hours.
shall i simply wait longer as i feel if i do i will be in everyone elses situation